Attend the Public Hearing
The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), which must approve or reject the Spokane Tribe’s proposal, is holding a public hearing this Monday, March 26 at 6:00PM at Sunset Elementary School, 12824 West 12th Avenue, in Airway Heights. This is our only chance to publically stand united and voice our concerns to their decision makers.
We anticipate the Spokane Tribe will do everything in their power to pack the hearing with their supporters. We wouldn’t be surprised if they help arrange buses to transport their tribal members to this public hearing to show support for the casino, so we need you to be there to stand up for our community.
We’re asking you to:
- Be present at this public hearing. Even if you can only be there for some of the hearing, it is critical that we have community members present to show the BIA that this community does not embrace this proposed casino.
- Monday, March 26 at 6:00PM
- Spread the word to colleagues and other interested parties and bring them to the hearing. Now is the time to mobilize your personal and professional networks an encourage them to stand with us to protect our community.
Share Our Radio Transcript and Direct Mail Ad with Your Network
Write Your Concerns
- Write a letter or call your local state, and/or federal representatives, expressing your opposition to the Spokane Tribe’s proposal to build an off-reservation casino.
- Write a letter to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) expressing your opposition to the Spokane Tribe’s proposal to build an off-reservation casino.
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper, expressing your opposition to the Spokane Tribe’s proposal to build
an off-reservation casino.
For more information about Citizens Against Casino Expansion and its concerns with the Spokane Tribe’s proposed off-reservation casino or to sign your name to the growing list of business and community leaders joining the group, please write: